Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Fun - Nail Polish Review [#3]



I'm super behind in my posts. I've been super busy between plans, work, and cleaning out my closet. But here is my latest nail polish review.  I recently posted a picture of my nails recent on instagram



I used Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis' Bahama Mama. I picked up this polish at Target for $2.99. Also, I used Rainbow Honey's Soul GemI got Soul Gem as a FREE limited edition for buying the latest collection, The Summer of 199X. You can check out the collection here



Bahama Mama is a very pretty coral color with a gold shimmer. It's a great Summer color and I think it'd look great on anyone.  It's very balanced in the amount of coral and pink in it.  Depending on the lighting, it looks more pink or more coral. 

It actually reminds me of Rainbow Honey's Fire Spring from the new collection. 

What do you think?


I decided to try something different and accent my pinky nail. You'll notice that I didn't have anything on my pinky in the picture above. I thought I could get away with just using Soul Gem without any base under it. I was wrong. The glitter is fine and it would have taken several coats just to cover my whole nail with it. I used one coat of Bahama Mama on my pinky and then about two to three coats of Soul Gem to get overall coverage.  


I used Seche Vite as my top coat. Though it has Toulene in it, it works great and dries quickly  I did notice that when I used it, I could smell that sickly, sweet smell that Toulene has. I notice that many of the nail polishes I use don't have a strong smell, which I think is mainly because they are 3-free. I'll just have to use Seche Vite sparingly. 

Point is...

Another awesome color at an affordable price. If you are looking for a summer color, Bahama Mama is one of them. It has a great shimmer and is really pretty and feminine. I have one more polish to review from this haul and then I'll show you all my latest additions to my collection. And possibly a list of all my nail polishes will be posted. 

What's your favorite for this summer? Happy Polishing!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could pull of oranges but alas I cannot. That's so great that you got to get Soul Gem! I thought it was sold out for a whole now - but it's really great for gradients - I definitely recommend to try it out! I use Seche Vite too - I know it's not 3 free but I just can't get off it. It's so nice and glossy to the touch.

    ReplyDelete