Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Target Haul - Review [#3]


Time to review another product from my Target Haul. I had picked up Starbucks Via Ready Brew Refreshers in Very Berry Hibiscus. I've had the one in Starbucks before and I figured this is an alternative to driving to Starbucks. 



This box comes with 6 packets, each makes 16 oz. of water. It's naturally sweetened with Stevia leaf and made with real fruit. Unsure of the percentage of real fruit in it. It also uses green coffee extract to give you that energy boost.


The package says this drink has blackberry, hints of hibiscus, ginger, and lemongrass. It sounds really refreshing and sweet. I like the package design. It's simple and branded well to fit the other Via Ready Brew packages. The drink is right in your face and the colors are bold.  The information is easy to find and read. I like that it is thin and stands up in my desk draw in between the boxes of snacks.



My Wicked cup from the show holds 16 oz. I'm not sure when its at 16 oz., so I filled it almost to the top.  



I poured the powder in and it turned a dark red violet. It was a little clumpy on the bottom but dissolved with stirring.  



I took a few sips and it really hits the tastebuds with a POW! It's very sweet, but it could be because I'm drinking from the bottom where the powder clumped together. The blackberry is the sweetest taste and then you get an after taste of the lemongrass, the spice of the ginger, and the floral notes of hibiscus.



It's a pretty good drink for when you want to stay away from energy drinks and coffee.  I did feel more energized from drinking it, but that may be the sugar talking. I'd probably dilute it with more water; maybe 20 oz. instead of 16. They do have another flavor, Cool Lime. I've had this one as well at Starbucks and the lime was very overwhelming. 

Point is...

Very Berry Hibiscus is a delicious drink for the summer. Very refreshing and the flavors really give you an energy boost. If you like sweet drinks, this will satisfy that sweet tooth. I give this an 8 out of 10. Easy to use, rejuvenating, a little too sweet for my taste, but overall very satisfying. 

Any one else try this drink before? Did you get it in Starbucks or have you tried the Via Ready Brew packets? 

4 comments:

  1. I have the Iced Tazo Tea in a pitcher format that they sell at Target also I got it when I was in the US and I love it! They didn't have these at the time or I would have tried it, but I don't know how I feel about the sweetener. I often have to dilute those powdered drink sticks and only use half in one glass and half later on. Great review!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on artificial sweeteners. I prefer sugar or just relying on fruit for sweetness. I will say that you don't get a weird aftertaste that most sweeteners give off. I'll probably drink this with more water. Also to help myself drink more water during the day. I do love Tazo Teas. I'll have to find it in Target to try now.

      Delete
  2. I totally wondered why I got a Refresher this morning and then I remember that you posted this, LOL. I am glad to hear that the packets work out - I have been waiting for them to come out in Canada and now they finally have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good when you get them from Starbucks. Glad you can finally have them there! So refreshing when it's hot outside. Are you getting a heat wave up there? It's been in the 90s at 11 in the morning here.

      Delete