Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Monsoon - Asian Kitchen & Lounge

So I'm trying to catch up on posting. I have a lot that are just sitting in my drafts waiting to be typed and pictures to be edited. In between my blog and work, my boyfriend and I decided to go out for dinner. We went to Monsoon, Asian Kitchen & Lounge. 

We've been there twice now and we love the food and drinks. We just wanted to go out to dinner to relax and have a nice night together. Monsoon is actually built into an old bank building in the Village of Babylon.

The inside is very open with high ceilings and a lofted dinner area and bar/lounge downstairs. They also hang all these different light bulbs from the ceiling. It's very intimate when dining there.

Red and black is their main colors so they used it from the tablewares to the puzzle piece screens cover the large windows. Also they have a projector screen playing video from different Asian countries. 



Here are our drinks. I had a Cherry Blossom, which was a prosecco and cherry bitters. My boyfriend got a Mai Tai, which they made with Bacardi, Myers Orgeat syrup and Orange juice. Very delicious and strong. I have an average tolerance and these drinks usually get me super red. 


Here are our appetizers. We ordered a Typhoon Roll, made of spicy tuna, scallions, spicy mayo, eel sauce and fried potato. It's crunchy with that kick of heat that tingles your tongue. We also ordered Pork Steamed Buns, made with pork belly, hoisin sauce, and cucumber. It's like having Peking Duck but with pork.  So delicious. The hoisin sauce is sweet, the cucumber is refreshing, and the pork is mouth watering.  
 
For dinner we ordered two dishes. They serve it family style and you can order a bowl of rice to share. We got Sweet & Sour Chicken with pineapple, sweet peppers, snow peas and the chicken was tempura. It taste like what it's named. The sweet pineapple and peppers with that sourness from the sauce.  The tempura chicken, though tossed in this sauce, was still crunchy in texture. Also the Caramel Pork with shallots, garlic, oyster sauce and morning glory. It's salty and very tasty. The pork just melts in your mouth. This is one of my boyfriends favorite dishes. 



Here is my boyfriend smiling after eating all the yummy food. We did take home some of the leftover Caramel Pork and our server was very kind to give us some extra rice. I packed this as lunch for my boyfriend for the next day. We were so full we didn't get a chance to have dessert but they do have some delicious ones.  


At the end, they gave us fortune cookies with some pretty interesting fortunes. They are kind of mocking the ones you get in fortune cookies.  I thought they were funny. 

Afterwards we headed back to my house and he stayed over. He was so full, he got food-itis and fell asleep. Isn't he adorable?


Point is...
If you are ever on Long Island or looking for an Asian fusion restaurant, I recommend Monsoon. 

Off to catalog my nail polish. Happy Blogging!

4 comments:

  1. THAT LOOKS YUMMY! I want the duck! :D
    Hahaha Michael is sleepy... really cute. I'm going to have to try this restaurant. There's another one I want to try too, but I forgot the name... it's somewhere in Great Neck or something, but I think it's a funny Korean fusion restaurant. My friend said it's good... but I have to ask her where the place is again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go when you are free!

      Delete
  2. Man that is a really nice looking lounge and the food looks quite yummy too. And that's so cute your boyf fell asleep from being so full, hahaha. So endearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's something different for the area besides getting take-out.

      I love taking pictures of him when he doesn't know it. :3

      Delete