Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Only Got $20 in My Pocket

Recently, I went to the Tri-County Flea Market with my boyfriend. I haven't been there since I was a baby and I've been wanting to go to a flea market for a while. I just love walking around to all the different shops and aisles and see what they are selling. It brings back a lot of childhood memories, especially when you see old VHS tapes of Disney movies and Playskool toys you use to have.

It's also hilarious to see what they are selling and for how much.  I don't know what it is but it seems like a lot of people had rooster related items. We saw several things, from trays with rooster imprinted on it to salt and pepper shakers. 

This one was my favorite.

"What up, I am a big cuckoo!"






We also found some other items.

A cute glass dog with one ear up and one ear down.
(My boyfriend attempting to copy him, too)

The creepiest ceramic mask. :heebie jeebies:

And the cutest dinosaur book end who was missing his pair.
I really wanted to buy it but I took a picture instead.
After walking up and down and all around, I got tired. But before we left, I went into the beauty supply store they had there.  Since I was itching to buy more nail polish, I figured I'd check out what they had.  I found two Essies that I really liked and they only cost $5.50 each. That's the cheapest I've ever found for Essie.

I purchased these two.
Smooth Sailing and Haute As Hello
After that we went to the mall. I got to finally go shopping for Spring/Summer clothes. I have been doing good at not spending all my money and shopping for clothes and pretty things. Also, I've been working out with a Personal Trainer and going to the gym regularly to get more fit and in shape.  I've been skinny my whole life. I'm not complaining and most people would probably say I'm lucky.  I am but I'm not. I've been a skin and bones since I hit puberty.  I've been made fun of for how sickly I looked and that I had no butt or boobs. I've been asked several times if I was anorexic. I could never find clothes that fit me. I wore children sizes up until high school.

Now that I'm older, I've had enough of it.  I'm eating more but healthy.  I'm working out to become stronger and I'm happy. I've gained 10lbs since last November. I'm actually considered normal weight for my height and age. But now, most of my clothes don't fit. I have a lot to clean out and donate, but until I find more time to sort, I got to purchase some fun clothes that fit my body and make me super happy. Especially since my lovely boyfriend bought my clothes for me. He is an amazing

Then we went out for all-you-can-eat sushi at Minado. It was super delicious. I wasn't being "Asian" enough that day. We were super hungry so I don't have any pictures of the food, but I have a cute picture of my boyfriend being silly.

I'm a walrus!
Point is...

I'm starting to realize that I do a lot with my life. I work hard and play hard when I can. I'm really starting to take more enjoyment in my life and the time I get to spend with my boyfriend and everyone else. And just starting to feel less anxious about where my life is going to take me and just let that day come when it's ready.

And the fact that I get to doodle at work is pretty fun too.

Working on a magazine and sketching out the photo idea for it.

I hope I get to post about my design work soon; So many projects, so little time!


1 comment: