Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sand It Down

I've noticed that the trend in nail polish has turned from crackle, to neon, to caviar/beaded and now sand/texture. I've read some reviews on these types of nail polish. Some people love it, some get use to it, some dislike it completely.


 
  


I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I have seen it at my nail salon with samples of the color. It felt so gritty and the possibility of it getting caught on certain clothes or cotton balls doesn't sound pleasant. I'm a color girl, so no matter the brand, I usually buy nail polish based on color. The colors of some of these are really pretty and some have hints of sparkle.

I'm just curious if it weighs down on your fingers more and just the feeling of that texture. I might find myself picking at it or cringing when it rubs against certain things.

What do you think? Anyone try out these types of nail polish? If so, what's your take on it?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried them for the same reason. Also, trying to remove them? No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's tougher than glitter, no thank you.

      Delete
  2. I kind of hate the sand feeling on my nails. The bumps feel like they're going to get caught in everything. On the other hand, I did buy a few bottles of "Fuzzy Polish" by Sally Hansen. Those look kind of cool and I'm always willing to try some. I swatched a little on my nails at the store and they weren't terribly bumpy, so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to try flocking on nail polish. It's suppose to be like velvet. Not sure how that will go and it looks messy. You have to post about the "Fuzzy Polish". I'd love to see how it looks and feels.

      Delete
  3. I have one texture polish I got in a mystery box and reviewed on my blog it's Jill by Julep:
    http://www.writingwhimsy.com/julep-mystery-box-sea-salt/

    I ended up swapping it for another colour which is black with silver sparkle (just got it this week) and am way more excited about that one. The textures without sparkle are pretty blah to me, but some of the Zoya Pixie Dusts look quite pretty. Textures are great for being a more durable polish but I'm not a huge fan. Like crackles, I think it's fine to own one (I have one crackle now and one texture) or maybe two, but I'm not rushing out to buy dozens of them!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Textures without glitter looks a little odd in my opinion. I'm curious to try the Zoya. It looks pretty. I have two crackles but I haven't used it in a while. I'm glad I never went overboard with the crackle when it was a big trend.

      Delete