Friday, August 23, 2013

Fiore & Once Upon A Starry Night Review [#5]

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not posted in so long. It's been crazy busy at work this past month. I am actually going on Vermont tomorrow with my lovely boyfriend so I had a lot of projects to finish. I decided to post a review before I leave and go on an amazing adventure. I will be posting about my vacation when I get back.

Because I have so many nail polishes to review, I've been trying to combine different brands and figure out what goes well together. I decided to pair Fiore by Julep and Once Upon A Starry Night by I Love Nail Polish.



Here is the description given about these two:

Fiore  - "Espresso brown crème from the It Girl style."

Once Upon A Starry Night - "This dreamy nail polish was made using a variety of blue, silver, white, prism, and star glitters. Once Upon a Starry Night contains tiny silver stars to accent the lovely snow dusted evening effect the polish delivers. This nail polish looks absolutely stunning up close. You’ll love it!"

Here is two coats of Fiore.  It's a nice dark, rich color. It certain lighting it can be very brown or a blue-dark gray. It's a great color for Fall. It goes on smooth and glossy.




Here is a two coats of Once Upon A Starry Night. I didn't have to dab to get a good coat. There is a good amount of glitter in this polish.  It has fine glitter, circles and stars in white, silver and blue.  Also I love the rubberized handle on the brush. Makes it very easy hold the brush steady and paint evenly. 



I decided to use Seche Vite to top of my manicure. I think it really coats over glitter well and keeps them from sticking out too much. As you can see below, with the flash, it gives Fiore a blue-gray tint.  



My manicure lasted about two weeks. Taking it off wasn't terrible but you do have to scrub a little bit to get the glitter off. I think the combination was pretty and Fiore brought out the glitter. What do you think of this manicure? What do you think would go well with Fiore or Once Upon A Starry Night? 

Well that is it for my review. My next review will be an End of Summer combination. I hope you enjoyed readying and I will see you all when I get back. Happy Polishing!



2 comments:

  1. well that's a fantastic time for a manicure to last, two weeks! wow, I really love that glitter topper, and I definitely want to try that brand at some point :)

    enjoy your vacation!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a crazy beautiful glitter topper and what a lovely base colour to go underneath! It looks very subtle and gorgeous and it's awesome you got 2 weeks of wear!

    ReplyDelete