Friday, August 9, 2013

Last Cheap Nail Polish Review [#4]


So I finally got a chance to review the last of my cheap nail polishes from Target. Here is Revlon's Scandalous.  I can't remember how much it was but it was under $5. I decided to pair it with Essie's Play Date.


Scandalous is a black nail polish with medium and small specks of red violet/purple glitter.  The ratio of glitter to polish is perfect; Just enough to really showcase the polish. And Play Date is such a nice light purple. Great for the summer.


I did two coats of Play Date first and then I decided to have a little fun with Scandalous. 


I coated my pinky twice with Scandalous. Then I decided to do some fun nail art with it. 


I topped it with Seche Vite, which made it rock solid. Though it was fun and pretty, I decided to take it off after a day.  I didn't think it was completely appropriate for work. My job is fun and they wouldn't have minded but I try to keep my manicure's simple at work.  Also with the work I do, they tend to chip quickly anyway.

Point is...

I really like Scandalous. It's a great combination of colors and the glitter is very pretty. Plus it was an inexpensive nail polish.  I can't wait to use it on it's own.

What do you think of the combo? Would you buy Scandalous? Happy Polishing!

4 comments:

  1. I love Play Date! I have so many purples but I still really want that Essie. Also this Revlon is gorgeous, I would definitely buy it as well. So much love for purple! :) Fun combo with the nail designs as well. Hopefully you review more cheap polishes in the future :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Play Date is a great base to have. I hope I get a chance to review more too once I start buying again.

      Delete
  2. Scandalous is so great on its own. I thought to layer it on a polish at first but it was so opaque, it'll do just fine on its own. I believe it's also close to a dupe of Lippmann's Bad Romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing at first then I realized it was a black with glitter. I'm probably going to wear it on its own one day. Ill have to look into Bad Romance and see if I can compare them. I love Lippmann!

      Delete