Monday, August 12, 2013

My Cotton Bunny Subscription Box - June & July

So I had posted that I signed up for My Cotton Bunny. (Click here.) It's a monthly subscription box for your "time of the month". Here is what I received so far.



First Box - Nail Spa Bundle:

Always Radiant Infinity Pads - Regular 16 ct.
It comes in a light clean scent. They are thin, don't bunch and absorb a lot.  Comes with a coupon on the inside.

Original Gourmet Lollipop - Cotton Candy
Yay for candy! This was gone in seconds.



Nail Wraps by Scratch - $12
I got Rococo Gold. It's a really pretty pattern. I have yet to use it. I'm trying to save it for a special occasion. 




A Glass Nail File - 
I've been wanting a glass nail file for a long time now.  This one is the perfect size and comes in this pretty blue gradient color. It really files down my nails smoothly without any rough edges and you barely feel the vibration of filing with it. Unfortunately, I've been using it so much this past month and a half that the sand surface that makes it a file is scratching off; Underneath is just smooth glass.  I'm wondering if there is a way to make it sand-like again, but this may just be a sign that I need to invest in a good glass nail file.

Second Box - The Night Out Bundle:



Again, I received Always Radiant Infinity Pads. 



Mirror Mints by Little I - 
This litte metal mint container has a little mirror when you slide the container open to double check your make-up or for food in your teeth. Plus it has these sweet and tangy citrus mints.

A Heart Shaped Coin Purse - 
I got this cute little purse in bronze/brown color.  The pattern on the front is in the shape flower petals. It also has a chain with a clasp and a heart charm. It's compact and it can hold the mint container, plus your ID and cash. The clasp can be hooked onto your purse or I hook it onto itself and make a little handle out of it.

Pros
You never have to worry about running out of products. Some people are forgetful. Some are dealing with  the daily stresses of life, it can really throw you off and that guest comes unexpectedly. This also gives me a chance to store them, not just at home, but at the office or in my car.

Also you get fun products to try out that you may not splurge on and I love that each box is themed to go together as a whole. And I love seeing what is coming up for the next month. It actually makes looking forward to that time of the month exciting.

Cons 
Understandably they are still an up and coming subscription box and are working towards expanding their products and an account management system. But here is a few things I hope they implement.

I'd love to be able to change the type of feminine products from month to month. I don't exactly go through a whole box of pads in a month but nothing wrong with stocking up either. If I wanted to change what I get, I'd probably have to contact them to change it or cancel this subscription and re-sign up. 

Also I hope for the ability to skip a month.  They do offer suspension of your box if you get pregnant, but I wish you could skip certain months if you don't like the products they are offering or more than one type of box for different items. Like a fashion box, beauty box, chocolate box (om nom), etc. It'd be cool to have options to select from.

Point is...

I think its a great little subscription box to make that time go by smoothly. It keeps you prepared without having to run out of your favorite product and makes you excited to get different items to try and forget about the overwhelming, emotional hormones and gut-wrenching pain that makes you want to rip your ovaries out. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next box. If you are interested in signing up, just visit their website at www.mycottonbunny.com.

What do you think of the products that came? Any that you are interested in trying? Would you sign up for this box? If the implement an account system, would you give it a try?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of these subs yet but I do love my mail and this seems like a decent one, Bonjour Jolie ships to Canada and is the one I've been eyeing here. I do think they let you control your products from month to month which is good.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad subscription. They are just new to the game but I can't wait till the next one. Comes with some cute items, like a journal and bookmark, which I need for all my new books.

      Delete
  2. Ha that's an interesting concept for a subscription box but it really works! They might want to consider adding some more chocolate, lol. I agree with you though - the ability to skip a month is really helpful, but again, I am just not sure how they would implement that on the business side of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still looking into a management system for customers and themselves. Currently it's a renewing payment through PayPal. I do hope for more chocolate, though I'm more of a salt craver.

      Delete