Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Julep Intro Box: It Girl

So I had posted that I signed up to become a Julep Maven and my intro box was FREE.  I took the survey and I was first placed in the Boho Glam style but I really liked the It Girl box so I changed it. I also purchased some add-ons to my box.  

If you are interested in become a Julep Maven, I'd appreciate it if you signed up through my refer a friend link. Here is what I got in my intro box plus the add-on purchases:


Here is the welcome letter inside the box.


Here is the It Girl Box. Everything was wrapped up carefully with pink and black paper.
Here is everything that came in my box.

1. Julep Nail Polish - 
I have yet to try most of these colors but I'm excited to have them. They are just unique and pretty.  Here's what I got:
Eden - Blue violet creme. $14.00 Regular / $11.20 Maven
Bunny- Crisp white linene with fine gold shimmer. $14.00 Regular / $9.99 Sale
Stefani - Gold flecked grey metallic. $14.00 Regular / $7.99 Sale

2. Julep Rock Star Hand Creme - Sample
"Anti-aging, emollient blend of shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, and vitamin E keeps hands hydrated, even after washing. This non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula will leave you cheering for an encore. Rock on." Currently, a full 3 oz. bottle of this hand creme is out of stock online, but it's priced at $20.00 Regular / $16.00 Maven.  It has a light floral scent. It doesn't feel greasy on my hands and leaves a slight sheen on my hands after it was absorbed into my skin, giving them the look and feel of soft hands. I would definitely buy this hand creme the next time it is in stock.

3. Add-ons - 
I decided to add on a few more nail polishes since the intro box was free. I have yet to try these as well. I have a lot of nail polish to try and swatch but here's what I got:

a. 2013 Color of the Year Duo - $28.00 Regular / $18.00 Sale
Angelina - Emerald green with a silver shimmer frost. 
Esmeralda - Jeweled emerald multi-dimensional glitter.

b. Portia - Sheer tropical blue with opalescent glitter. $14.00 Regular / $7.99 Sale

c. Julia
- Purple orchid with golden micro-glitter metallic. 
$14.00 Regular / $11.20 Maven

d. Drew + A FREE gift -
 


I. Drew - Fabulous fuchsia creme. 
$14.00 Regular / $11.20 Maven
II. Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub - $22.00 Regular / $12.99 Sale
"This cucumber mint scented scrub warms up on contact like magic. With natural pumice to exfoliate, chili pepper oil to stimulate circulation, and vitamin E to nourish, it's an all-in-one rejuvenating treat for your feet." It's says that you can use this 2-3 times a week. I have used this once so far. Even after the first use, I can feel a difference in my skin. They feel softter, clean, and have a very light mint scent. The scrub has just the right amount of grit; It doesn't feel like you are scratching your skin raw, but it scrubs off the dirt and excess dead skin off.  When you first apply the scrub, you feel this warm sensation instantly from the chili pepper oil, but it doesn't last long while scrubbing. When you dry your skin, you feel a slight tingly sensation from it.  I'll have to see how soft my feet get after using it a few more times.  

Point is...
I'm loving my Julep subscription.  So far I love the It Girl style but I love that I do have the option to switch styles around if I see something I rather have in a different box. The beauty products are very nice and the nail polish colors are gorgeous.  Though I'm on a no buy nail polish for the next three months, I'm super happy that this subscription box has a skip a month option or give to a friend.  We'll have to see what next month's box holds and how well I resist the urge to purchase. Wish me luck!

What do you think of the intro It Girl box? Have you tried or own any of these beauty products? Any colors you are dying to have? Let me know down below!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD LOOK AT ALL THE NEW POLISH!!! OMG OMG haha I would have been so excited! They all look like amazing choices!

    It's funny that you took their quiz and you picked what you liked anyway. Thatta girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a pick and choose girl. ;) I like changing it up and trying to get things I don't have yet. I'm so behind it swatching all this nail polish. Hopefully have more time during September.

      Delete