Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Julep August Golden Mystery Box

Hello my readers and fellow bloggers.  I've been busy at work and haven't had too much time to sit and write lately. But today I was "blessed" with an upset digestive system. So as I sip on some iced Sakura Allure green tea from Teavana to help nurse it, I figured I'd write some reviews.  There was a recent Julep Secret Store sale and I decided to splurge and purchase the Golden Mystery Box.


I got Version 3!

It's all wrapped and packed nicely.

Everything is pretty!




































































  1. Julep Everyday SPF Hand Creme (SPF 30)  - $28.00 Regular / $12.99 SaleThe most complete solution for beautiful hands. vitamin E hydrates skin and strengthens nails, while built-in SPF protects your hands from UVA and UVB sun damage and the related signs of aging such as fine lines and sun spots.

    I'm looking forward to using this hand cream.  I tend to have dry skin and this will be great to use during all season, especially winter. The packaging is very simple and modern with the black and white colors.  It's unscented and goes on smooth. You have to rub it in really well to get the suncreen feel off your hands or it will seem greasy. After you rub it in, your hands feel soft and smooth with a nice healthy sheen on your skin.
  2. Oxygen Nail Treatment - $18.00 Regular / $14.40 Maven                           Complete nail care and make-up all in one bottle. Made with a patented Hexanal formulation, nails are restructured to a stronger, thicker, and smoother condition in just one stroke. Advanced plant stem cell complex provides anti-aging benefits, while ground-breaking oxygen technology forms a nonocclusive film on the nail, proving resistant to water penetration and improving the permeability to oxygen. Results are nails that are structurally stronger, and less prone to breakage and splitting.

    I'm really happy this came in the box. The nails on my toes tend to be brittle and chip easily. This creamy, translucent pink goes on very smooth. It dries quick and makes my nails look shiny and healthy. I hope they get stronger. :cross your fingers:

  3. Julep Nail Polish: $10 - $25 (Some only come in sets, hence the higher price)
    I love the colors I got. They all would be ones I'd pick for myself. 
    I already have Bunny and Drew from other purchases but they will go nice as a gift.
    • BunnyCrisp white linen with fine gold shimmer
    • Layne - Sheer french pink
    • SherylSheer butterscotch shimmer with a hint of golden bronze
    • DrewFabulous fuchsia crème.

  4. Dolle's Salt Water Taffy - < $1. World Famous from Ocean City, Maryland.
    I love salt water taffy! I got Lime, Chocolate and Strawberry. I will have to try them when my body is feeling better.

  5. Belina Hair Ties - 3 ties (Unsure of price. They are not available on their website)
    I got black, tan, and bronze shimmery ties. Kind of sad because my hair is currently short so I can't tie my hair up, unless I do pigtails. I'll have to try them when my hair grows out more.
Point is...

I love this month's Golden Mystery Box! With the amount of stuff that came in it for the price of $30, I think it was well worth it.  I have so much nail polish to catch up on. I hope to use these colors soon. And I'll keep you posted on how the nail treatment is going!

What do you think of the products from this box? Have you tried any of them? Is Dolle's salt water taffy that good? 

4 comments:

  1. I bought one too, can't wait to try out the oxygen treatment though I'm not really interested in the hand cream. I'm glad you got colours you like, Drew is very pretty. I am badly hoping for the box with Anne in it as I really want that polish :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :crosses my fingers: I hope you get Anne!!! It's such a pretty purple. :3

      Delete
  2. Ah so awesome! I LOVE little packages like this! I actually try my best to package all my client's photos similar to this so it's a real treat going through everything. Gotta take a cue from the subscription box world!

    I really like how everything in this box is useful - the candy and hair ties, I'd be totally into, haha! I'll look foward to more of your thoughts on the products! Especially those polishes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try them. So many nail polishes, only so many fingers to swatch.

      Delete