Monday, August 5, 2013

For She's a Jolly Good Fellow, Which Nobody Can Deny!

I recently went to a retirement party for an amazing woman. She's worked for 37 years as a music teacher.  She has influenced so many people around her and inspired many to go for their dreams.  She's truly extraordinary!

As a present from her family and friends, I was asked to help create an amazing poster with different characters and objects to represent her 37 years.

My best friend Chris and I had about two and half days to complete this piece. It was short noticed because her daughter wanted these different images to be represented on a cake but it wasn't doable.

She suggested a hidden objects picture, like those found in the Highlights Magazine. 


Don't you miss these?
I tried to solve it. I don't know if I got all of them.
When I first heard this, I was freaking out in my head. I've been asked to do a hidden objects picture for a friend, but I learned that it is very complicated to come up with places to "hide" objects.  It would have taken at least a week or more to really figure out the whole picture and the placement of objects.

So they finally came up with the idea of a Character poster. The ones where the artist draws every single one of their characters into a poster.


After a lot of research, googling, re-tracing and drawing, we came up with this...

Disclaimer: All characters, logos and objects are owned, copyrighted,
trademarked and registered to their respective owners. 
Point is...
She loved it! And we were happy with the results, especially for such a short amount of time to pull something together. It was a great party with lots of laughter and smiles

Here's a picture of it at the retirement party. 


Also a picture of the cake that they got made with some objects with special meanings.



No comments:

Post a Comment